Saturday, January 07, 2006

everybody's workin' for the weekend

well, not me, i guess. saturday is technically about the same for me and ells as any other day. same schedule, same activities...but somehow i keep going to bed way too late every friday night. why? because the next day is saturday, and you can sleep in on saturday. right? except no one told ella, and she woke up at 7:30. thankfully she was just hungry and not quite ready to start her day.
but an hour later she Was ready, and i was especially glad and thankful that my husband was in town and could do the morning playtime with her. although i slept a few more glorious hours, i'm still exhausted...and this leads me to an addendum to my resolutions. one that i Must keep.

Go to bed earlier, dang it. at Least by midnight.

andy tried to set an 11pm goal for us last week, and that has been achieved not one time. so midnight is a good start.
what's nice is that ella still operates on 2 hour awake periods, so when i am dead-tired, i know a nap is not too far off. for ella, yes, but just as importantly, for me.

No comments: