Monday, April 13, 2009

throw it on in!

At about (oh) 5:15pm I started racking my brain as to what we should eat tonight. I haven't gone on a grocery run in a while, and had nothing that screamed MEAL. But then I remembered my new friend Flo (who, along with her girls, will get a blog post of their own soon) put together this wild and crazy (to me) salad at my house the other day. I was inspired to make my own creation, and was so pleased with the results, I decided to share what I threw in my bowl...

* garbanzo beans
* fresh green beans (snapped into a few pieces)
* broccoli florets
* grape tomatoes (halved)
* chopped red onion
* feta cheese
* tossed with some Ali O's Haphazard Balsamic Dressing (I got out a tiny bowl and mixed 1T balsamic vinegar, 4T olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt, pepper and garlic salt. Maybe I should rename this Retain That Water Dressing)

Now that I look at the ingredients, it really doesn't seem very unique. But I think it is because I made it without a recipe (which I never do) that I deem this Worthy of the Internets.

1 comment:

Flo Paris said...

Love it! We love our "barbanzo beans" as Amelie puts it.
I also really love red onion.

also... "Worthy of the Internets" hahaha.