Thursday, August 03, 2006

and the winner is...


At least every other day, Andy looks over at me and says, "So you're twenty-seven, huh?" I guess it's time to put a little something else down here. It isn't for lack of internet time. It's because I've been Largely occupied by something else. Something new and exciting. E-bay.

"E-bay?" you might say. "That's been around forever!" Yes, but I have just discovered the wonders, the intrigue, the breathless last moment before an item goes, hoping you are still the highest bidder...OK, so that's only happened twice. One time I won, and one time I lost. Mostly I just watch items and see how much they go for. Sounds psychotically boring, but I think it's good times.

I'm learning the little "tricks" of E-bay along the way. Like, say, reading the entire description of an item before bidding. My one item I've won was my first foray, and I was eager. I saw a very hot item (the entire Baby Einstein DVD collection) going for a ridiculously low price. I bid. I won! I looked at the picture a little more closely, and realized that all the writing was in CHINESE.

aaaaggggghhhh! I freaked out. "What are we going to with a Chinese Baby Einstein???" Andy calmly stated that That is why you read the blurb Thoroughly. He also assured me that if it was totally unusable to us, we could just sell it again. It Was new and in it's package.

It arrived. Every single word on the box and booklet is Chinese. Only a select few DVDs have English titles on the front as well. But, Thank Goodness, there is at least an English option on every DVD (so far). So, in my opinion, it's totally worth having Chinese characters all over the (actually authentic) Baby Einstein set for so Darn cheap.

I'm confident that with my next purchase there will be no surprises.

3 comments:

Liz said...

maybe ella will learn chinese.

Anonymous said...

Don't you let him give you a hard time about blogging, Alison. He used to suck at doing it himself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP http://www.threat-management-training.info Vintage tin litho toys Isoflavones hair loss http://www.software05.info Nissan air shocks