Thursday, July 17, 2008

muffins, lotta, and a green skirt

This morning the girls and I made blueberry muffins. Not from a package. For whatever (sad) reason we had not had flour and sugar in the cupboard for quite some time...and the other day I decided enough was enough. It was time to start baking again.

So today we did. Lots of muffins and messy mouths later, we are spending the morning reading books, doing puzzles, building with blocks, investigating our abacus, and hoping Sadie's fever subsides. Ella is eagerly awaiting her lunch date with Daddy, and I'm intermittently trying to stave off the (ongoing and dramatic) battle over who gets to cuddle with our stuffed Pat the Bunny.

I can't stop glancing up at my new purchase. At the first of the year, I saw it on Jenni's blog, and wanted to get it, but for some reason didn't. Well, the year is more than half over, but I would think about it from time to time, envisioning it on my wall. I headed over to Lotta Jansdotter's site last week, and saw that it was on sale (naturally, I suppose, considering the time of year). But I got it anyway. And it makes me feel cheery just looking at it.
{photo via Lotta's website}

I'm also wearing this skirt (except it's a fun, bright green). On the Gap website, it's on sale for $33 - but I found mine in the store for $11!! I've been wearing it the majority of the past two weeks that I've been its owner. There are so many things I love about this skirt! It's got the perfect flounce (without being frumpy). There are hidden pockets on the sides (so hidden that I didn't even discover them til my second time wearing it) that are perfect for my phone, because the pockets are deep enough to keep my phone secure, AND it helps me actually find my phone when I need it (instead of it sitting on the clothes dryer for 4 hours like it did yesterday). And the fun, girly part is that the top layer swirls up something akin to blooming petals as I bound down stairs.

{photo via Gap website}

2 comments:

Christine said...

I've been dying for that skirt! Gotta head to a GAP store stat!

jenni said...

I'm so glad you got the Lotta fabric calendar! And on sale - good call.

Love the skirt, too.