Friday, June 20, 2008

reaction

I LOVE the Nashville Public Library system. There are so many reasons why, and I intend to write a post about them all. But now - right now - I only have time for a quick lament.

Friday is when the library sends out circulation notices - a friendly little e-mail telling me that the book I have requested is available for pick-up at the closest branch. And Friday is when that branch is closed. So I get all excited, only to remember that I have to wait a whole, entire day to retrieve the book.

It's Friday, and I just got the e-mail.

4 comments:

bmitd67 said...

Actually the library sends out reminders M-F, the morning after the books arrive at their destinations. Alas, all but downtown are closed on Friday.

jenni said...

That is rather cruel to do to book-lovers.

jenni said...

Um, why are you not on goodreads, by the way?
:)

TracyMichele said...

Oh I HATE that. Countless times I have loaded up the kids to rush out and pick up our reserved books. Only to be reminded by a smart(er than me) 5yo that it is indeed FRIDAY. Personally, I think SAHMs have far too many things to remember. Remembering the current day of the week is clearly not on the top of my list. :)