Tuesday, April 15, 2008

exchange



Alison: (gasping for air from laughing) Andy, come in here and look at these chickens running!!! Have you ever seen chickens run?

Andy: Yes, I've seen plenty of chicken running. If you will recall I am from a farm-town.

Alison: No you're not. Farms surround your town. You lived in a town. How would I know if you've seen chickens run? My grandparents had chickens, and I don't remember seeing a bunch of them running at the same time.

Andy: Well, I have. (clearly not as amused as I am or think he should be). Oh, Eric and I were talking about how both our wives watch this show, and neither of us understand why you guys like it. Why, when our own children go to bed, would you want to watch this? It stresses me out to even be in the same room when it's on.

Alison: Well, I like it. I'm going to watch another episode until you're ready for me to cut your hair.

Andy: goes into the kitchen and sets up the clippers. still not very amused. and definitely not wanting to be in the same room as me and my show.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Someone else is out there who is just like me in this regard of Jon+ and Kate +8...

TLC mysteriously appeared on our basic cable options last week (A gift from the TV fairy!) and now I can't stop watching the show! My husband asks the same question-- why watch it when our son is in bed and I can finally rest? But I'm addicted, I tell ya!

And I think it's so cute that the kids all want to watch old episodes of themselves to see their Mommy and Daddy-- not to see themselves on TV. I wish we had videotaped our wedding for this one reason.

TracyMichele said...

I don't care how many times you have seen a chicken run, it is always amusing. LOL.

Never seen J&K+8 but hear good things. Of course, all from Moms watching it after they put the Littles to bed. hehe

adrienne said...

run little chickens!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the show is aimed at husbands, and that it's actually a vasectomy commercial.