Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm IT.

* i actually did this the Saturday of Easter weekend - but for some reason have not posted until now *

my buddy JJ tagged me with a little quizzie-quiz, and here are the breathtaking and mind-numbing results...

10 years ago I was...

on Spring Break during my freshman year of college, (I went skiing with my pals the Twindigs in CO) and was spending Easter with their family. Their cute mom even gave me an Eater basket. (how's THAT for 10 years ago down to the day??)

also, my friend Andy had just decided to not return to Belmont the following year so that he and his band could tour full-time. I lectured him and my friend Cason endlessly on how I thought it was a dumb idea. Things seemed to turn out OK.

5 things on my "to do" list today:
1. drink coffee.
2. clean out Sadie's closet, which was previously Ella's closet...and contained MANY a thing that neither girl have used in a very long time.
3. go on a walk.
4. go to the grocery store.
5. enjoy the fact that my husband is home on a weekend.

Things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. pay off our mortgage, plus some other people's mortgages too
2. travel
3. have a maid
4. and a cook
5. and a personal trainer
6. and a stylist
7. and do selfless things, too
8. then use them as tax write-offs. heh heh.

3 of my Bad Habits:
1. I burp. Loudly and often. This was even mentioned by my pal Andrew Peterson in the Rabbit Room ...still not sure how I feel about that.
2. I'm a total hypochondriac. Is that a bad habit? I guess your mind can get into the habit of thinking you've got the latest and greatest disease (remember the SARS craze?).
3. apparently I'm a bed-hog.


Places I've Lived:
1.Durham, NC
2.Nashville, TN
ok, since that list is miniscule (and I'm bored), I'll sub-categorize within Nashville.
*Belmont Univ. campus for 4 years
*little apartment off of Thompson Ln. for 6 months post-graduation with 2 friends.
*cute house in Crieve Hall for 10 months with those Twindigs and another girlfriend until I got married.
*Berry Hill (for our first year of marriage) in a really random neighborhood that had twice-a-week trash pick-up that was AWESOME. what was Not awesome was the fact that our house practically touched our next-door neighbors' house and he was a bitter old man who sat at home and called the police whenever people played drums in the middle of the day.
*our current locale in Crieve Hall. we bought our 60s ranch 5 years ago this summer, and have loved being here. interestingly, it is just a few houses away from the rental where I lived before marital bliss.

5 jobs I've had:

1. Medical Filing Clerk at my dad's office. I was 15-turing-16, and spent all day in a dank basement re-labeling patients' file numbers. They had been relegated to the basement if they had not been there in a long time or were dead. I listened to Jewel, and was grateful to get all the missing/dead people filed so I could move upstairs. I still have the Jewel songs stuck in my head.
2. Abercrombie and Fitch. again, with the Twindigs. (they are a recurring theme in my life) we basically spent all the money we made there on their clothes.
3. Coordinator of Volunteers for the Nashville Rescue Mission. Rewarding. Eye-opening. I ate a lot of fried chicken that the cook named Major would make especially for me.
4. YMCA before/after-school care. When I wasn't traveling with Andy, it was good to be home making some cash. So I joined up with (are you ready?) The Twindigs and my friend Adrienne - making kids smile all over Williamson County. Am I right, girls?
5. Bible proofreader. I prefer not to explain. It's that much better. All I will say, though, is that my co-horts were (you guessed it...) THE TWINDIGS!!!! (p.s. this is not their real name, although it would be awesome if it were)

Things that most people don't know about me:
1. I have a really keen sense of direction. Which is good because Andy still gets lost in Nashville.
2. I can say The Lord's Prayer from memory. In French.
3. I'm left-handed? I mean, I am - I just don't know if that's a fact not a lot of people know. For the record, I love being left-handed. It was especially "handy" (I'm sooooooo funny) playing high school basketball. The defense didn't have a clue what was coming!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

left-handedness is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I concur. Left-handers rock!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

This made me laugh out loud. I'm so happy to be an integral part of your life in Nashville :)

jenni said...

This list IS funny. My husband is left-handed, too (semi-ambidextrous as a drummer). And my Mom, though when she was younger they made her switch to her right hand. All I'm sayin' is left-handers rule. Though I'm right-handed ....

Unknown said...

wow that made me laugh so much! we have had a lot of great times together since our meeting at belmont just over 10 years ago...how crazy!!! umm and please remember the awesomely posed picture of us in our abercrombie clothes after the ski trip...we were totally the coolest.