Monday, August 06, 2007

night vision goggles


We practically needed them today, During the day, inside the house. Why? Because it was so flippin' hot outside that I literally had every shutter closed, every curtain drawn, and every light off. All Day.

Poor Ella could hardly see her Play-Doh as she made all sorts of creations at the table. Sadie was in her diaper for a majority of the day - including her first nap. I set foot outside my house exactly ONE time while the sun was still up. Ella and I took out the trash, and when we came back in (after approximately 4 minutes) the child was already sweating.

The thermostat was set at 70 deg all day, but it never got cooler than 80 inside the house. The LOW tonight is 78. Tomorrow it's supposed to feel like 110 deg.

I'm running out of things to do in my house. But it's not worth going somewhere Else air-conditioned because it's just too hot to make the trip. Sadie still faces backwards in her carseat, and the poor thing is sweaty in about 3 seconds because there aren't any vents pointing right at her.

Well, I guess we are going to venture out for an early morning trip to the downtown library. We've just begun to go to Storytime again, and we can't let the heat keep us from Cedric the Dragon or (gasp) the Rainbow Song.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, I hear you on the heat! Brutal. And thanks for your comment on the bed thing - glad to know I'm not the only crazy one :)

Steph said...

New Post already...need updates. =) anyway...hope you are well. See you soon