Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just one of them days.

Ok, so there have been several of them in a row. I attribute it to the (still unbearable) heat. We're cooped up. Emotions are flying. Children (and mother) are getting bored. My patience will only last for so long.

A couple of days ago it was Especially dramatic. Nothing seemed to go smoothly. I had pretty much accepted the fact that This was the day my entire head of hair would turn gray in one fell swoop. At the end of the day, I was changing (what seemed like) the 27th dirty diaper. I was on the verge of breaking. Just then my sweet (for possibly the first time that day) Ella looked up at me and said,

"You're my little treasure, Mommy."

The day was instantly redeemed.


5 comments:

Steph said...

AGH.....SO cute. The story and the pic! I'm jealous. =) Hope you are well.

kristen said...

That is REALLY sweet. Toddler girls are the best!

Liz said...

so precious! ella is positively adorable, by the way. i'm lovin' the glasses.

Christine said...

She looks so retro in that pic!

TracyMichele said...

OH.MY.GOSH. Where can I get me a pair of those glasses? ADORABLE! I love it.