Friday, January 01, 2010

a new beginning...


It's time this poor, woebegone blog got some attention, methinks.

{My piddly explanation...

About six months ago I got a phone that takes fairly passable pictures (as far as a phone goes, of course). At about the same time, our point-and-click camera bit the dust. Therefore, the last half-year has been documented by my phone. And they have gone directly to my TwitPics. And not here.

And I started twittering more. But those are just tiny blurbs. And, sadly, it has taken the place of blogging.}


With the new year (and new decade) I thought it only appropriate to resolve to post more frequently. For posterity. And for my mother.

A couple of weeks ago, our friends Josh and Flo Oakes came over and took some pictures of our family. This is a talented duo, I'm telling you. Due to the (shall we say) emotions that were (shall we say) dramatic, Andy and I were afraid there wouldn't be a whole lot for our friends to work with.

We were happily proved wrong.













12 comments:

danielle said...

1 - hooray you are back to the blog
2 - great photos!

elise said...

these pictures are so gorgeous! the girls' personalities just shine right through:O) love the ones in the window and with the red coats.
glad you are back to blogging, hope we get to Nashville soon to visit-
elise

Carlen said...

LOVE these. Fave is the one with all four of you *winking.* And I love the one of Ella wide-eyed by that bush. And the one where you and Andy are hugging. And any one where Sadie is smiling. Those are my faves.

Carolyn said...

Love it! Love the pics and love your post. Thanks!

Michael said...

These pictures bring big smiles to both of us..and so does your wonderful family...you facile winkers you.

The Morginskys said...

hooray! first of all, awsome pics. second, there were a couple pics were YOU ALL (andy included) look like twins! love it! you look beautiful!

Christine said...

I'll echo everyone's "hoorays"! Yay for a new post and adorable photos! Happy 2010!

david, kelly & sam said...

oh goodness. what a foxy fam! xxoo from the richters!

James Hemby said...

Great shots of your family ... thanks for sharing.

Robyn Jones Clark said...

i love these photos of ya'll... sooooo cute! :)

Thesupermanns said...

um...i love these so very mucho!!! The winking one is extra awesome.

Nicole said...

okay...come to school on Thursday prepared to give me the photographers phone number!!! Amazing!!!!!