Sunday, December 02, 2007

a true Southern girl

Last night my friend, Emily, came over to hang with the babes and me. Emily and I are both from the South, so I'm positive the ever-appropriate and convenient "y'all" was thrown around quite a bit. While we were talking, Ella "plugged" in her microphone - obviously getting ready to perform.

Sure enough, she turned to us and inquired, "Can I sing for yah?"

She's listening. She's learning. She's almost there. Her daddy will NOT be happy to read this post. And I am more than happy to post it.

3 comments:

Steph said...

again....ridiculously cute! I hope to see you soon.

jenni said...

As a Texan, I'm a big fan of "y'all" and "I might could."

Alice Doyal said...

That is so funny! Hannah surprised us with a similar imitation this weekend. We stopped at a small po-dunk (sp?) restaurant on our way down to NC and the waitress said something like "Are y'all doin' alright?" with a thick Southern accent. As she walked away, Hannah looked at us and repeated the phrase with the same southern drawl. We started laughing and Alex reminded me of my extremely southern hick accent from our home movies...hehehe...2 year olds are hilarious!