Tuesday, July 10, 2007

round here...

...we stay up very, very, Very, VERY late

* Andy moved his studio into the B room at Sputnik - a great studio owned by a great friend in a great location allowing for separation between home and work which is, well, great.

* I'm in my first bookclub which meets tonight. We're discussing the first half of "Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy.

* Ella sometimes goes to the bathroom on the big potty.

* Sadie just cut her fourth tooth. She grinds all four of them together constantly. It makes me feel like a crazy person.

* I decided to boycott doing laundry for a week and a half. The end result - 12 (count em) loads of laundry to be done. I'm on load 9. When I was single, I couldn't have gotten 2 loads of laundry dirty in that time if I tried. Life changes, though, and I am no longer paying $287.50/month in rent living on mac and cheese and taking naps every Sunday afternoon.

* Ella wants to live on mac and cheese.

* Sadie's taking 2 naps a day, including Sunday afternoon.

* Sunday night Andy and I did about 5 loads of laundry, and while I stain-sticked and he folded we watched "Little Miss Sunshine." He wrote a great blog about it here.

* Ella likes to play her "guitar" (it's actually a baritone ukulele) like an upright bass and sing "Jesus Loves Me." Loudly.

* Sadie is Almost crawling. Or walking. I'm really not sure which will come first. Keep in mind she's seven months old.

* I have an imaginary maid named Mona.

* Andy and Ella read "Leonardo the Terrible Monster" almost every night. They read "Curious George Goes to the Zoo" every night.

* I read "Curious George Flies a Kite" with Ella almost every day before naptime.

* Ella watches an episode of "Curious George" the cartoon every day.

* Sadie belly laughs if you play peek-a-boo with her. And is the happiest baby alive. And has two dimples that show when she smiles. Which is all day.

* My children seem to rarely wear shirts.

8 comments:

Liz said...

i miss mac and cheese! and i miss you guys! and your kids are cuter than cute.

Alice said...

Our child rarely wears shirts too! I keep wondering how there is still so much laundry since that is the case around here also. I'm doing a load even as I type.

Christine said...

Alison, you crack me up! What a great update.

The Morginskys said...

ali-0, so many good updates!!! i bought a hand pump so that i can give away some milk. maybe too much info for the internet???? lets talk. -sharon

Rebecca said...

Thank you.

Steph said...

I LOVE THAT BOOK....which is why I bought i for her...meaning #1. Anyway.....Leonardo rocks my world!!! And---- so does your cute family! Miss you all! Hope to see you soon....love and peace

TracyMichele said...

SUCH a fun life you live! Thanks for the update..

jenni said...

Hey, I'm a friend of Kierstin's - I found your blog via hers. This update made me laugh, too. You have a lovely family!