Monday, April 17, 2006

Sleep when the baby sleeps

This bit of parental advice I have clung to since the second Ella was born. Over a year has passed, and I am still a faithful follower. I love it. I need it. My house is falling apart.

Obviously if I'm sleeping I'm not cleaning. And when Ella's awake, I want to be playing with her - not filling her lungs with Pledge, Clorox and Windex. One chore, however, I think Ella actually enjoys. That is vacuuming. The first time I pulled out the vacuum when she was in the room, she was crawling. I figured if she didn't like it, she'd crawl away. Not only did she Not crawl away, she became wide-eyed, curious, and began crawling Toward the vacuum cleaner. Now the child gets practically giddy whenever I pull out the (very loud) monstrosity that is the vacuum, and chases it around the room (laughing) as we do our business.

Another loud object she fully enjoys is the hair dryer. Maybe she's just envious, but whenever I dry my hair, Ella toddles speedily into the room and gets as close to the action as possible.

Back to the matter at hand. We may be living in borderline squalor, but at least I'm rested and Ella has a playmate.

2 comments:

Steph said...

okay so new post. Liz gave me grief because I had not updated and so it is your turn. Unless you want to have a "blog updating night" as Liz requested. Haha. Anyway. I know you are so busy but I just wanted to give you a hard time and say HI....see you soon

Anonymous said...

My kid is 5 and I still nap even if he doesn't! Thank GOd for the second one - I say Erin(just shy of 3) let's take a nap and she says "ok mommy" I love that about her! Naps My house may be a mess, but I still like my kids :)
Miss you!
Amy E