Tuesday, October 18, 2005

you are Such a tease

First you take forever to let a cool breeze in, then after everyone gets excited and pulls out sweaters you promptly return in full force. Excuse me, Heat, it is October 18. I should not be in a tank top and shorts. My baby shoud not be sweating in her crib while sleeping in a sleeveless onesie sporting fish. She needs to be in a sweatshirt like she was last week.

Even the two, pretty pumpkins I literally climbed into a huge barrel to buy (don't expect me to hope for cool weather with ugly pumpkins) did not persuade you to go. You laughed and your breath made it hotter. Do you not smell the incense I burn (well, my Hazelnut Cream and Baked Apple Pie candles)? Don't you think you should kindly comply and go your merry way?

You have the entire Southern Hemisphere waiting for you - is that not enough? Are you really that insecure that you won't let your coveted cousin, Cold, come (and doesn't my alliteration impress you? or at least scare you away?)? Heck, just let your half-brother, Cool, visit us.

I no longer want to see my neighbors watering their yard. I no longer want to wear flip-flops, or if I do, I want my toes to be cold. I no longer want to sleep under our Summer covers. I want the big guns. I want the down comforter. I no longer want to order caramel frappucinos (decaf) - I want mochas (decaf)! I no longer want to use air conditioning in my car or my house. These are my heartfelt pleas.

All I know is that you'd better be packing your bags for at least 4 months (that's not too much to ask, is it?) by October 31. My baby will be a bunny, and although bunnies Do frolic during the warm months, her costume is furry and warm and I don't want a sweaty, sad bunny.

Don't you worry, I'll be calling on you soon enough. But I need my space. Too much of anything is not a good thing, right?

5 comments:

adrienne said...

thank you for your pleas...it does need to cool down, and soon. my birthday is in two weeks (that's right, 14 days) and it better be quite chilly on that 2nd of november...

Liz said...

Amen!

It's supposed to be a high of 88 today... not my idea of fall.

Eduardo Mano said...

Hey Ali! My name is Eduardo and I'm from Brazil (ah, the miracle of technology!). I've been reading your husband's blog for a while now (for I really enjoy his music and CC's music) and today he showed us all your blog.

Since it's Friday morning here in Brazil, and I don't have much to do at my job (except for reading some magazine and emailing my band - which are in no way related to the previous said job), I've just finished reading all your posts here (since day 1), and I must say, writing runs in your household (you and Andy are great).

I'm about to get married, and reading both your blogs puts me in a great perspective to what should I expect by getting married. Being a musician engaged to a future prosecutor, I relate to you guys.

Well, that's about it. Needless to say how incredibly cute Ella is, and her smile makes me smile (really, really beautiful girl).

Oh, by the way... In Christ Alone is indeed a great hymn. The first time I've heard it, it made me cry tears of joy.

Say hi to Andy. He's a great guy and songwriter. Wish I could be 1% as talented as he is.

Love in Christ!

Eduardo Mano
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rebecca said...

AMEN!!!

me said...

half-brother Cool. heh. great.

well, Cool definitely got skipped over! Freezing is on his way. blech. = P